"Theres Nothing New to Say About Mascara..."

I am so perfect, so divine, so etheral, so surreal, I cannot be comprehended except by my permission -nikki g.

Thursday, December 21, 2006

"And in LA every chick's an actress, Hollywood status..."

My time home has been fun. I guess it is true that you never realize what you've got until its gone. I never realized how much I loved Los Angeles until I left this beautiful city and became a resident of the dirty dirty District. Since being away I have come to realize how much LA has to offer. It is a massive fusion of various cultures and styles from around the world and it really has an identity and subculture all its own. It now makes sense to me when outsiders say that LA people are a little different, maybe even a little off. And i totally accept that. And I totally love that.

My name is Alicia. I am from Los Angeles. And I might be just a little off, a little crazy, or a little bit loco, but I am from LA, so that makes it alright.

An LA girl, especially one like me, is special and needs to be treated and loved accordingly. As far as finding someone to love me with all of my LAness and my specialness, my search has been amounting to ZERO! It is partially depressing and partially relieving. I feel like I want someone to love me, but I dont want to reciprocate the efforts. I feel like being loved, but i dont feel like loving. Maybe not that I dont feel like loving, but I am scared of loving. I really just dont want to get sucked into another situation where I am completely invested in someone who's ultimate actions don't reflect the same investment or EVEN the slightest hint that they once ever really cared. I dont think my heart could handle it. So, essentially, in the area of LOVE I am at a standstill. At this point I want to rid myself of all past/present "situations", which is definitely easier said than done, but worth a try nonetheless. There is really only "one thing" that I havent been able to let go of...Im trying, I really am :-
For now, "Keep it light, dont get too involved, dont get hurt" -Carrie Bradshaw

I find it funny that no matter where i am in life, I still have thoughts of you in the back of my mind that seem to pop up at all the wrong moments. I find some comfort in knowing that you were my summer boy.

1 Comments:

  • At 1:31 AM, Blogger Anonymously, Me. said…

    the queen of quotes returns! where do you get them from? how do you remember them? do you have a directory of quotes or something? ...because i truly love it and love you even more! with a new year comes new things just be ready to accept them when they come

     

Post a Comment

<< Home